Tuesday, January 7, 2014

We made it! Welcome to the 2nd Trimester.


I know its been awhile and I needed to give another update and now that the holidays are behind us, and we are done living out of a suitcase, I will be better with more frequent Baby Heaton updates.

We are closing in on our half way mark, and so far its gone by fairly fast, but then again dealing with both our dad's dying, 2 memorials in 2 months, our sons surgery and the holidays, I guess it can keep one pretty busy.  Now that we finally have a moment to pick our heads up and take a breath we realize half the pregnancy has gone by!  YAY!!  Now just hoping the last half goes by even faster.  


The most recent pictures of our little wiggle worm were taken 5 weeks ago and although we didn’t get many pictures, at least we walked out with one.  I have to admit this U/S was pretty awesome as we got to see our little turkey touching and mess with her face.  I was expecting the doctor would snap a picture for us with her arms flaling around and him touching his face – but I guess they didn't find it too important and didn't capture those imagines for us, apparently they don’t find every movement as special as we do.   I was hoping to take some video as well but the doctor, this time around, was very adamant we didn’t.  We have watched the last video clip like a broken record – thank goodness for newer technology cause I'm sure by now the tape would be scratched and worn out.  We will have to have chat ahead of time with our next U/S doc to see if we can get some new video to watch… over, and over, and over!  


Anyway here is the little, but oh so mighty, Baby Heaton.  And true to genes the little turkey is still being stubborn as heck.  Moving, dancing and wiggling like crazy but refusing to let us get a profile picture or flip over so we can see her little face – takes after mommy in that tummy sleeping position, but at least we know he won’t be snoring like daddy and big brother …. Or at least I can hope!



Baby Heaton -- face down and stubborn to boot, showing off absolutely nothing to us.


While you were busy snapping pictures of me:
--  I have formed all 20 teeth, which are waiting under my gums, for those long, sleepless days of teething
--  I am developing my vocal cords to to keep you up all night.
--  I have my own unique set of fingerprints
--  My intestines are migrating from my umbilical cord to my abdomen
-- My head is slowly catching up  …
now just 1/3 the size of my body
-- If I am a girl, I have over 2 million of my own eggs (which means we have half the makings of our grandbabies)
-- I love to stuck on my thumb and explore my face

No comments:

Post a Comment